A boxer’s shoe is designed to provide maximum support to the ankle and to absorb and cushion the impact from the striking on the lower abdomen and thighs.
Important Attributes of Boxing Shoes
When it comes to getting training equipment for boxing and mixed martial arts (MMA) fighters, not all shoes are created equal. Just as with traditional mixed martial arts fighting, you want something that provides a solid base for your workout, but one which also offers maximum maneuverability for your feet.
Many top boxing and MMA athletes choose shoes that are specifically designed for this type of physical combat sport and use them throughout their training sessions. The shoes are made with durable leather and usually feature the highest quality mesh available, allowing them to breathe just as well as your hands and feet while working out.
Lightweight Boxing Shoes
Find a lightweight shoe that has excellent traction on the bottom. This allows you to control the speed in which you move, while also helping to reduce the risk of injury. Your boxing shoes for example should feel like they’re an extension of your feet, because that’s exactly what they’re supposed to be. Because they’re lightweight, they’ll move easily, even if you have to change direction quickly, which is important during training. Choose a boxing shoe made with excellent tread on the rubber, which helps it to grip the ground and prevents your foot from slipping.
Prices of Boxing Shoes
A pair of good lightweight boxing shoes will cost you between $100 and $150, depending on the size you get. For those training for boxing or MMA competitions, you can use them as training, practice, and competition wear, which ensure they have minimal wear and tear.
Benefits of Boxing Shoes
You can use these shoes for a variety of tasks, including ankle support, stability, and support for your knees and hips. They also have a special design that includes a padded tongue, which helps to absorb shock and absorbs much of the impact.
What to Consider When Looking for Boxing Shoes?
1. Don’t make the mistake of thinking you can do without a good pair of boxing shoes. The best quality shoes provide support, mobility and traction, and improve footwork.
2. Look for lightweight, breathable shoes. Leather and suede are the most commonly used materials.
3. You’ll find both high top models, which give added support to the ankles, and low top models, which allow for greater agility.
4. Prices can range from about $150 down to about $50 for good quality shoes. Shop carefully for less expensive shoes. Cheap shoes, below $50, may not be a bargain if they don’t hold up to the demands of serious training.
5. Boxing is a great workout activity for everyone. You’ll find shoes for sale in kids, youth, women’s and men’s sizes. Women can even find pink shoes, if that’s their style. Men should probably shy away from those!
6. Training shoes should have some extra cushioning to protect the foot, particularly when doing something like rope skipping.
7. There’s a wide variety of colors and styles available in the market, manufactured by such reliable brands as Everlast, Ringside, Title, ASICS, Adidas, Lonsdale, Pony and Mizuno.
8. Would it be cool to wear the same shoes as the boxer you most admire? Manny Pacquiao, Floyd Mayweather and Roy Jones Jr. all have shoe models they’ve worn in the ring and now endorse that you can pick up for yourself.