Boxing trunks are an excellent piece of underwear originally only worn by males. Let’s learn a little more about them.
What are Boxing Shorts Used For?
Boxing shorts were actually the first type of underwear produced by a boxer in the early twentieth century. A boxer can wear these type of shorts in private sparring or in a professional match, to protect their groin and legs from the harsh impact of striking. Boxer shorts should provide enough maneuverability for the legs to move around quickly.
When you are boxing you will definitely want to wear a pair of boxer shorts to avoid your underwear showing through. Although lightweight, these boxer shorts are made of high quality materials that ensure maximum comfort and protection against the elements.
Colors and Design
The colors available for these products are pretty varied and there is one for every boxer. However, to get the maximum comfort you might want to opt for colors like black, white, grey and brown – they are generally most convenient when they are darker in color. It is important that you opt for a pair that fits, since you will be flying through the air and need your legs to be as relaxed as possible to avoid any discomfort.
Another advantage that you get with polyester made boxer shorts is that they are available in sizes to fit both male and female. So whether you are training or competing, you will always find a pair that is most appropriate to your body size.
Most of these boxer shorts are made by the top brands in the market but you can also purchase them from online retail stores at very reasonable prices. If you are planning to purchase some of these shorts for your personal use, then it is important that you choose ones that have a decent amount of durability so that you don’t need to buy another pair after a few months of wear.
What to Consider When Buying Boxing Trunks?
Things you should know:
- Boxing trunks can be purchased ready-made in a wide variety of colors and designs, some fairly expressive. Think pink.
- If none of the stock styles have just the right flair for you, you can get custom shorts made to your specifications, color and style, with slits or without. You decide.
- If Muay Thai or kick boxing is your sport, choose trunks that are made specifically for kicking, with shorter and wider legs, allowing the full range of movement.
- Boxing shorts are available in sizes ranging from small to XXL, appropriate for men, women and kids. Everyone can wreak havoc in the ring in style!
- Women’s trunks are the same as men’s, so choosing the right shorts is simply a matter of size and design.
- Everlast and Rocky are among the companies that make shorts in a full range of sizes. Men’s, womens and kids’ trunks are easily found in the size, style and color that will be just perfect for you.